I’m always surprised that the whole world doesn’t take vacation the same week that I do. At least, my inboxes and task list seem to suggest that things kept plugging along last week. Nevertheless, the Holland family had an enjoyable spring break, and I’ve spent the week getting back on my feet.
Since I was out of the pulpit, last week I wanted to take this week’s update to remind you of two upcoming opportunities.
- New Members Class - Beginning on Sunday, April 24th we start a four week class for folks interested in finding out more about church membership at Christ Covenant. We’ll meet in the CCS Annex from 9:00-9:50 am on those four consecutive Sunday mornings. There will be a sign up at the welcome table this Sunday to register for this class. Our class schedule is as follows:
- Class 1 - What is the Gospel?
- Class 2 - What is the Church?
- Class 3 - What are healthy expectations for church members?
- Class 4 - What questions do you have?
- Men’s Retreat - We are planning our first men’s retreat for May 13-15th in the mountains of Maryland. We are still in the planning stages for this event but need a head count for interested men so we can plan well. Sign up for more information. There will be a sign up for the men’s retreat at the welcome table this Sunday as well.
I’m grateful for you all and looking forward to worshiping our risen Savior with you this Sunday.
He is (still) risen!